Translate

9/20/2008

Juliette Lewis thinks women are to obsessed with phyiscal appearance



Juliette Lewis thinks women are too obsessed with their physical appearance.

The singer-and-actress believes too many ladies only have cosmetic surgery to make themselves more desirable to men and believes women should concentrate on fulfilling their ambitions and making the most of their skills instead.

Juliette, 35, said: "I want girls to start thinking about what they have to say, what do they have to contribute to their families, to other people, to society?

"It's fine if you want to be desirable to your man, that's sweet. But when people are carving their skin and putting plastic or whatever into their chest, to be more desirable, against this facade of, 'Oh no, it's for me. It makes me feel good.' Well, really?"

The actress - who describes herself as a "man-loving feminist" - admits her belief that women should stand up for themselves comes from her childhood, when her parents went to great pains to ensure she realised she could be successful.

She said: "I have a natural, innate rebellion, a defiance that my parents allowed in me, and I only have it more so in my 30s."

Photo and Source
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...