Translate

4/09/2006

Encore for Eminem

Just a day after Kim Mathers explained on a radio station in Detroit the ins and outs of her split with Eminem (When they only married three months ago) It was the turn of the 33 year old rapper to give his side of events regarding their divorce.

"The details surrounding both my marriage and subsequent filing for divorce are private, and I had hoped to keep them that way for the sake of my family," Eminem, said in a statement. Of course nothign can be that clear cut can it? Evidently not the "however" quickly followed.

31 year old Mathers has previously hinted that her on/off husband Eminem had been back on drugs again including his addiction to sleeping tablets.

During a ten-minute call she then said "He's having problems with, you know, his problem that he had, I was hoping we could get counseling and work it out..." Mathers also stated "I hope, in his best interest, that he does return to rehab," she continued, to state that the real slim shady, is acting weird and doing "a lot of the same things that I did when I had my problem"--her probem being her own addiction with cocaine addiction that subsiquently led her into battles with the law.

Kim said she was surprised by her husband (Marshal Mathers III) divorce filing on Wednesday on which she said that she didn't want to get divorced.

Eminem isn't known for being a private person so evidently he had to put his side accross.

"A few of Kim's statements in a radio interview need to be addressed. First, her allegations regarding my status post-rehab are both untrue and unfortunate. Second, she was aware that I was filing for divorce. We both tried to give our marriage another chance and quickly realized that a wedding doesn't fix the underlying problems," The couple, who have a 10-year-old daughter, Hailie Jade, first got hitched seven years ago in 1999. But 2 months after wife Kim attempted suicide Eminem filed for a divorce in August 2000.

Again, more law cases were to come as she came back with $10 million dollars for emotional distress which stems from the rappers track entitled "Kim"

Soon after it was on again, but by March 2001 it was his wife who filed for an expedited divorce.

A bitter custody battle ensued that ended with the Grammy- and Oscar-winning rapper agreeing to give Kim custody of Hailie Jade, but that changed due to Kim's ongoing drug problems.

After a four-year break, Eminem announced last December that the two had sorted out their problems and were "probably going to marry." Again! They followed through on that prediction a month later in a lavish ceremony in the Detroit suburb of Rochester.


This time around, Eminem has requested joint custody of their daughter. As for Kim's niece, Alaina, and Whitney, Kim's daughter from another relationship, she would leave it up to the children to decide whom they want to live with.
And Eminem is denying any rumors of his retirement.

"People get it twisted when I said I'm taking a break," MTV News quoted Em as saying. "I never said I'm going to stop doing music. What I meant was that I'm taking a break from being the frontman and the center of attention. I want to fall back for a minute, but I never stop recording. I keep busy."

Confused? Me too!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...