Translate

9/12/2006

LePaparazzi News Update: Longoria says 'Housewives' her last show

Longoria says 'Housewives' her last show


Photo: Maxim Magazine


PASADENA, Calif.-Eva Longoria says she's done with television after "Desperate Housewives" ends. The 31-year-old actress said she loves the medium of television and the routine it provides, but that "Housewives" will be her last series.

"I would never leave `Desperate Housewives,'" Longoria told The Associated Press. "I love doing both (TV and film), but I would never do another TV show after `Desperate Housewives.' No."

Longoria, who plays saucy Gabrielle Solis on the ABC dramedy, can next be seen on the big screen in "How I Met My Boyfriend's Dead Fiancee," due in 2007. She made her mainstream movie debut opposite Michael Douglas in "The Sentinel" earlier this year.

The third season of "Desperate Housewives" begins Sept. 24.

Source

Jessica Simpson: I Scare Guys Away



It's hard to believe that Jessica Simpson would have trouble finding a date, but that's what she said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show Monday.

"I think I'm too hard to be in love with," Simpson, 26, told DeGeneres. "It ends up on the cover of every magazine. I scare people away. I'm a lot to take on."

She recently dated singer John Mayer, but the relationship has cooled off. "The explosive media attention … put a chill (on the romance)," a close source told PEOPLE. But "there's still a chance. They're still talking."

Simpson also told DeGeneres she has no regrets about her three-year marriage to Nick Lachey (they split in November 2005). "I'm so proud of that relationship that I was in," she said. "I'm proud of the marriage that I had and I think that Nick is an amazing man.

"I regret nothing and it made me who I am right now," she continued. "And right now who I am, I am so in love with. I am so happy with who I am. It's all about the journey."

Simpson did say she's ready to be in a relationship. "I wish I was in love," she told DeGeneres. "I need to be in love." And even though her celebrity intimidates potential suitors, she says: "I'm a good person – I promise!"

She also said that despite the title of her new album, A Public Affair, it's not about her relationship with Lachey, but about living her life in the spotlight.

"A Public Affair, as a title, is kind of raunchy in way, because I'm trying to trick people into buying it, because sex sells," she laughed. "But it's not about that at all!"

In fact, another Hollywood icon was the inspiration for the title, she said. "I was actually watching a Brigitte Bardot special and it was about how her life was always a public affair, and she could never have anything to herself that's private – and that's how I felt at that very moment."

Still, Simpson conceded that the album's tone was influenced by the events unfolding in her life. "During the (beginning of) making of the record I was married. I was writing love songs," she said. "After going through an emotional time, I needed to have fun, to go out with my girls and shake my booty."

Source


When Illiterates Are Given Movie Roles, Nobody Wins


Paris Hilton didn’t make any friends on the set of her appropriately titled movie, Bottoms Up (not that she would have remembered their names anyway).

According to Page Six, her costar, Simona Fusco, was less than impressed by her work ethic. "I don't think there's any talent there,” Fusco says. “My biggest problem with Paris was that she was always late on the set...it became very annoying. By the time Paris finally showed up, she was usually coming from a party. She never memorized her lines. So now, not only does she show up late, but on top of it she didn't have her lines ready to go. It was a very long day working with Paris."

Source



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...