Translate

6/27/2006

Marcia Cross Gets Married

Desperate Housewives star Marcia Cross and stockbroker Tom Mahoney were married on Saturday, PEOPLE has confirmed exclusively.

"It was a beautiful ceremony," a rep for Cross tells PEOPLE. "They're very happy."

The bride wore a gown by Reem Acra at the ceremony, which took place before about 200 guests at the Church of Our Savior Episcopal Parish in San Gabriel, Calif.

In lieu of bridesmaids, Cross had seven flower girls, ranging in age from 3 to 12 – the children of some of her closest friends.

The couple's first dance at the reception was to the song "At Last." This is the first marriage for both. Cross, 44, and Mahoney, 48, were first spotted together in March 2005, when they took a weekend ski trip to Deer Valley, Utah.

They became engaged that August. "She's over the moon," Cross's Housewives costar Eva Longoria told PEOPLE at the time. "I'm so excited for her. It's so beautiful to see her this happy and so in love."


Cross told PEOPLE later that month that she knew Mahoney was "a keeper" when he played word games with her in bed the night before the Emmy nominations were announced in July (she snagged her first nod).

"He told me the next day he was doing it so I wouldn't be nervous," she said. "It was very sweet."

She even credited Mahoney with her radiant looks. "My favorite beauty product is my fiancé, Tom," she told PEOPLE in April.

"It's true. I think that beauty comes from being happy and connected to the people we love, and his love makes me feel beautiful."

So will Cross – who plays Bree Van De Kamp on Housewives – be anything like her perfectionist character? Don't count on it.

"I don't cook," she told PEOPLE. "I'm oh-so messy, it's awful."

Source
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...