Translate

5/09/2006

Keri's 'Mission': Playing Tough

LePaparazzi News Updates


Keri Russell


She looked stunning in Balenciaga at the New York premiere of Mission: Impossible 3, but Keri Russell told us getting to be banged up and bruised for her role in the movie was much more of a blast. "There's such a freedom in that. It's much scarier to look beautiful. I

t's so much harder," she said at the film's New York premiere. "I'm having so much fun on this because there's a few other girls who are really sexy, and I just feel like the fun girl. It's more comfortable to be that girl." And the actress – whose first meeting with Tom Cruise involved a hula hoop contest at director J.J. Abrams' house – also got to channel her inner Action Jane while playing Cruise's fellow secret agent. "We did lots of weapons training. We had to assemble machine guns blindfolded within 30 seconds. My best time was 13 seconds."

Source



David Blaine Fails to Set World Record


David Blaine


David Blaine missed his watermark Monday night on national television, emerging weak and wrinkled from a week spent submerged within an 8-foot snow globe-like tank – without setting his intended world record for holding his breath.

Rescue divers jumped into the tank and hauled up the stunt artist as he struggled to break the record of 8 minutes, 58 seconds. Blaine held his breath for 7:08, after having spent some 177 hours under water in the week leading up to the stunt.

After being given oxygen, Blaine, 33, addressed the large crowd of spectators who had gathered around the tank on the plaza of New York's Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. "I am humbled so much by the support of everyone from New York City and from all over the world," Blaine said through tears.

"This was a very difficult week, but you all made it fly by with your strong support and your energy." Blaine's trainer, Kirk Krack, told ABC News on Tuesday that the illusionist was disappointed he didn't set the record.

"He felt he let people down," Krack said. Once rescued, Blaine – who was said to have skin rashes and liver failure among other possible maladies – was taken to a hospital to undergo tests.

Source



Cruise's Daughter Said Don't Let Katie Go


Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise



Tom Cruise didn't just blindly take up with Katie Holmes – he had the approval of his 13-year-old daughter, Isabella.

After I began dating Kate, Bella looked at me and said, 'Don't let this one go. She's the one,'" Cruise tells Good Housekeeping magazine in its June cover story. (The issue goes on sale May 16.)

Not that the Mission: Impossible III star couldn't sense Holmes's attraction for himself. He says, "I knew almost as soon as I met her. I thought, ‘I'm going to be with this woman.’ And then after a couple of hours, I thought, ‘I'm going to marry this woman.’ I just knew." Cruise, 43, also says that he didn't think that either one of his previous wives – Mimi Rogers, to whom he was married from 1987-90, or Nicole Kidman, 1990-2001, with whom he adopted Isabella and Connor, now 11 – would mind his being so public about his love for Holmes, 27.

"I mean, look, they're ex-wives," he reasons, adding: "But the happiness I'm feeling, that's absolutely what I wish for them. I really do." He says he and Holmes haven't married yet because when she got pregnant he was so busy with M:I3, "and neither one of us felt like, Hey, let's just get married." He also says they need some time to make sure the ceremony and celebration will "be something special."

Besides, he says, "in many ways, we feel like we already are married. I know I'm with the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. So the wedding – that's just the party." He similarly looks forward to his 3-week-old daughter Suri's attendance at the ceremony: "It's going to be really special to have our new baby there."

Cruise doesn’t shy away from some of the debate that surrounds him. Of his fervid stance against anti-depressants, based on his beliefs in Scientology, he tells Good Housekeeping: "I know this is controversial. And people don't have to listen to me. But they should find out about this for themselves. I really do care about people, and I care about the way that lives are being harmed by these drugs."

Source


Dean McDermott's Ex-Wife Blasts Him and Tori


Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott


Not everyone is sending congratulatory wishes to Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott, who were married Sunday on a private tropical island in Fiji. McDermott's ex-wife, Toronto TV personality Mary Jo Eustace – who was wed to the actor for 12 years and has a 7-year-old son and 10-month-old adopted daughter with him – is being very vocal about her disapproval of the union.

"It all could have been done so different," Eustace tells Toronto's Globe & Mail newspaper. "Right from the beginning, it was all about them. I confronted him once and said, 'Do you know how (all this publicity) makes me and my family feel? Do not do this.' He was like, 'I did not even look at it that way.'" Particularly upsetting to Eustace was the new groom's comment to PEOPLE at his wedding last weekend.

He said: "I've never had as much of a desire to get married and make a woman my wife as I've had with her. The feeling is overwhelming. We're soul mates." Eustace, 44, considers the remark to be "the final nail." Spelling, 32, and McDermott, 39, met last summer in Ottawa while filming the TV movie Mind Over Murder.

At the time, the former Beverly Hills 90210 star was wed to actor-writer Charlie Shanian, and McDermott was still with Eustace. Eustace, referring to Brad Pitt's relationship with Angelina Jolie, which started shortly after his split from Jennifer Aniston, says: "I have a great deal of empathy for Jennifer Aniston. She said I'm not going to be defined by this situation and this relationship. If you allow yourself to reside in that place, you won't be able to function."

Eustace does say that McDermott did let her know that he and Spelling were getting married – once she inquired after the fact. "Logistically, because I had to take care of my son, I asked him point-blank. I didn't want any more surprises," says Eustace, adding that her ex advised her of his upcoming tropical wedding two weeks ahead of time. Eustace now is taking any lingering resentment and putting together a memoir.

"The past year was a nightmare, but it was also funny," she says. "I have to have a lot of humor about it. I have to embrace that side of it or I'd dis-empower myself." When news of the book was first reported, Spelling and McDermott told the New York Post: "It's opportunistic and undignified that she would want to exploit her former marriage for monetary gain. We only wish her the very best."

As for the contents of the prospective book, Eustace says that among other things, she’ll write about "the meltdown I had at the driver's license bureau because I'd missed my appointment. I started to cry and told the guy my husband had left me for Tori Spelling. He let me take my test … So, see, it has an upside too."

Source


Keith Richards 'Talking' After Surgery


Keith Richards


Keith Richards was "up and talking to his family" Monday afternoon only hours after undergoing brain surgery to relieve a blood clot on his brain, according to a statement from two spokeswomen for the Rolling Stones.

In addition, this month's originally scheduled European dates for the band's "A Bigger Bang" tour have been pushed back to June because Richards "will need a few weeks recuperation," say reps Fran Curtis (in New York) and Briana Dougherty (in London).

The new dates are to be announced soon. The operation was to relieve a subdural hematoma – a blood clot on the brain. The procedure normally involves drilling a hole through the skull to remove the clot, reports Reuters. Last week, a spokeswoman for the Stones said Richards was making "a speedy recovery" after his injury.

Richards, 62, was flown to Auckland, New Zealand, for observation after sustaining a "mild concussion" while on vacation in Fiji, said the rep. Various news reports have said that Richards fell from a coconut tree, a Jet Ski or a combination of the two.

Source



Christina Aguilera Set for MTV Awards


Christina Aguilera



Christina Aguilera will take the stage at this year's MTV Movie Awards.
The event, hosted by Jessica Alba, will be filmed June 3 at Sony Picture Studios in Culver City, Calif. The show will air June 8 (9 p.m. EDT).


Aguilera will perform and debut music from her awaited new album, "Back to Basics," the network announced Monday. She last performed at the MTV Movie Awards in 2001.
Punk rock band AFI will perform songs from their new album, "Decemberunderground," slated for release June 6.


Presenters will include Kate Beckinsale, Jamie Foxx, Owen Wilson, Justin Timberlake, Matt Dillon, Will Ferrell, Kate Hudson, Rebecca Romijn, Kate Bosworth and rappers T.I. and Ludacris.

Source

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...