Translate

3/25/2006

Drew Lachey, Wife Lea Have Baby Daughter

LePaparazzi News Updates


Drew and Lea Lachey

Drew Lachey and wife Lea, both 29, welcomed their first child, a daughter, Thursday in Los Angeles, PEOPLE has learned exclusively. Isabella Claire Lachey weighed in at 7 lbs., 2 oz.

"Mom, Dad and baby are all happy and healthy," says a rep for the couple. Last month, Lachey and dance partner Cheryl Burke won the second season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars.

The former 98 Degrees singer and younger brother of Nick Lachey credited Lea, a dancer and choreographer, with "helping me with my posture, my feet" during the competition, he told PEOPLE.

After his victory, Drew told said he couldn't wait to kick up his heels with his new girl. "In a couple of years my daughter will be cutting a rug around me," he said at the time. "I'll hold her hands, and she'll be dancing on my feet.

I'm looking forward to that." Cheryl Burke tells PEOPLE her former partner will be a model dad. "He's going to be a great father," she says. "He will not spoil his child, that’s for sure. But he's so loving and he’s going to love his baby like no other."


Source


Brooke Burns Makes a Comeback


Brooke Burns wore a neck brace for three months.



Brooke Burns

Life was good for Brooke Burns last fall: The actress, best known for her sultry turns on Baywatch and North Shore, had just been cast in her first comedic TV role, playing the sister of Rebecca Romijn’s title character in the new WB show Pepper Dennis.

Her 5-year-old daughter Madison – whose dad is Burns’s ex-husband, Nip/Tuck star Julian McMahon – had recently started kindergarten, and Burns, whose relationship with Bruce Willis ended in 2004, was happily single. Then, in a fraction of a second on Nov. 11, everything was nearly over.

The actress, going for a late-night swim in the backyard pool of her L.A. home, misjudged the water depth diving in and hit her head on the bottom of the pool, breaking her neck. After three months in a neck brace, Burns is now working 18-hour days on Pepper Dennis, which premieres April 4, and "is back to her old self," says her best friend and manager Barbara Stark. "You would never know from seeing her now, except for the little scar on her neck."

The actress, 28, spoke with PEOPLE's Brenda Rodriguez about her ordeal. I swim all the time at night – I've always been a water girl.

It's a black-bottom pool and my pool light was out, and as I've done a thousand times I just kind of did a little seal dive. I saw a huge bright light and I literally thought, "That’s it." I felt my body floating. I think I blacked out for a second. When I finally came to, I went to take my first breath and I was underwater and that's what kind of got me up.

I put my feet down and I realized that I was standing in my pool. My friend (a former firefighter) had just come out to say good-bye and he goes, "Brooke, are you okay?" And I’m like, "I don't think so. I'm in excruciating pain." There was no cut. No bruise. No bump. Nothing. He started asking me questions: "What’s your name?” I knew.

“What’s your address?” “What day is it?” I didn’t know. He wrapped a wet towel around my neck and put me on the top step of the pool. My left side went numb and I got really scared. All I could think about was my little baby girl. She was luckily at her dad’s house that night.

My friend called 911. The paramedic was like, “Move your toes,” and I’m like, “I am.” In my brain, I’m moving my toes, but I wasn’t.

It was a very high break. I bruised my spinal cord, which is why I was having numbness and tingling. Literally a millimeter more and I would have been a paraplegic. They had to put a titanium plate in for my fourth vertebra. I have 10 screws and a rod in my neck now.

When I came out of surgery I remember thinking, "Am I going to be able to hold my child?" And then, "When am I going to be able to go back to work?"

I didn't have Madison come to the hospital until five days after the surgery. She ended up being the little person who was like, "Mommy needs a pillow. Let's help her get in the car. It's okay, Mommy, I'm here for you."

Source


Prince's Royal Treatment


Prince

Before Prince went onstage before 1,200 fans at Miami club Mansion – where he played new songs along with Purple Rain-era hits and a cover of Janet Jackson's "What Have You Done for Me Lately?" – he spent the previous night at hot spot Prive with his newest protégée, Tamar.

And he had some unusual requests. First he had the staff close all the vents in the VIP section because he was chilly. Then he ordered three bottles of port wine – telling his server he needed a straw so he wouldn't stain his teeth.

The royal treatment continued the next night after his concert, when Mansion set up its exclusive upstairs room Level Six for him for the first time since the club opened a year and half ago. But for Prince it was all old hat: The room used to be his private lair in the '90s when he owned the nightclub in its former life as Glam Slam.

Source


Star Jones: Plastic Surgery Scare


Star Jones Reynolds

It was meant to be just a quick procedure, but during surgery for a breast lift in Los Angeles last Friday, Star Jones Reynolds suffered a medical scare that landed her in the hospital for four nights, PEOPLE reports in its upcoming issue.

During the procedure, Jones Reynolds's hemoglobin levels – the proteins found in red blood cells that are responsible for distributing oxygen in the body – dropped drastically, a condition that likely stemmed from her history of anemia, say friends.

She was immediately transported to St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica and given a blood transfusion. While it's unlikely that Jones Reynolds's life was in imminent danger, her hemoglobin did drop to "levels low enough to worry about," says a source.

Released from the hospital on Tuesday, Jones Reynolds, 44, bounced back quickly. “I just spoke to Star and she was eating Skittles and driving down Wilshire Boulevard,” The View spokesperson Karl Nilsson, told PEOPLE. In fact, she’ll likely be back to work on Monday.

"The (lift) was successful, and she said she was looking forward to coming back next week," said Barbara Walters, who spoke to her View colleague while she was in the hospital. Her recovery might have gone even more smoothly with her man by her side, but, by an odd coincidence, husband Al Reynolds had a medical emergency of his own.

Trying to get in a workout before flying out from New York (where they both live) to see his wife the day of her surgery, Reynolds, 35, fell at his gym and required stitches on two cuts. While at the hospital, doctors also found that he was dehydrated.

They suggested he not fly and kept him overnight to administer fluids. Reynolds did get to talk to his wife on the phone that night; they spoke from respective hospital beds.

So why did Jones Reynolds have the procedure done in the first place? She declined to comment, but "when you lose a significant amount of weight," says a source close to Jones Reynolds, referring to her recent 150-lb. loss, "things aren't in the same place they once were."

Still, according to her rep Brad Zeifman, it turned out all right in the end. "She is recovering wonderfully," he said. --->

Source

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...