Translate

3/14/2006

Blondie's Back!


Singer 'Blondie'

BLONDIE is back, big time! The legendary '80s pop band that rocked the charts with huge hits ranging from "Heart of Glass" and "Call Me" to "Rapture" were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Monday night, and ET's KEVIN FRAZIER gets the goods from the band, one way or another!

"I feel one of the things I brought to rock and roll was that sort of movie star glamour and image, and that's what always fascinated me," singer DEBBIE HARRY tells Kevin. "I always wanted to be that blonde, glowing woman on film, and it was sort of automatically thrown at my feet -- and I went with it."
With a new greatest hits album in stores now featuring the new mash mix "Rapture Riders" (a blend of "Rapture" and "Riders on the Storm" by THE DOORS) and an upcoming tour in the U.S. and Canada starting this May, the band is stronger than ever, considering they barely made it out of the "me decade" alive.

"I certainly didn't think that we would get back together after we broke up in the '80s, but there you go," says Debbie.

"We really just got screwed over," adds bandmate CHRIS STEIN, "between me being sick and everybody doing drugs and all kinds of stuff, and not making money, and being ripped off, it was your standard rock and roll story, you know? We're waiting for the movie version."

Looking timeless at age 60, how does Debbie stay so young looking? "I don't know," she shrugs. "I guess I'm just lucky -- genetics, good genes. I'm the picture of Dorian Gray: the inside's probably falling completely apart, the outside's still good."

Still, plastic surgery is not out of the question for the energetic diva. "Why not, if it makes you feel good?" she says. "I [once] said once I get past a certain point and I can't look like myself anymore, I was going to switch and become Chinese or something.

I would just go completely in another direction, you know? Get a whole new thing going: change my name, new fingerprints, the whole deal."

Source

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...