Translate

8/11/2006

Ivanka Trump: Dad Wants Me to Date a Jock


Ivanka Trump




As the Trump Organization's vice president of real-estate development, Ivanka Trump has to follow the advice of the head of the company, Donald Trump.

But her dad's advice on her love life is a another matter. "He has very strong opinions – which I try not to listen to," Trump, 24, who costarred with The Donald on the most recent season of The Apprentice, tells Stuff magazine in its September issue.

The type of guy her father would have her date? "He loves the athletes because he's always wanted to be an athlete," Trump says. "He's into guys' guys.

But when he starts talking about it, I stop listening." Given her father's tough-guy reputation, she likes to take "as long as possible" before introducing him to a beau, although she insists her dad is nothing like his TV persona.

"He's really a laid-back, mellow guy, but people have a level of anxiety prior to meeting him," she says. "I don't think he's much different from any other father.

He's protective, but I'm sure there are fathers who are much worse.

He hasn't threatened bodily harm to any of the people I've dated. Well, as far as I know." Trump has some celebrity crushes she wouldn't mind bringing home to Dad.

"I love Joaquin Phoenix," she says. "He has a very sexy thing going. I don't go for the typically handsome guy. Although I love Christian Bale; I think he's sort of an Adonis."

For now, though, she's happy with her social life. "I like to have fun with my friends and go out at night, but you're not going to find me dancing on top of tables or see me trashed outside of Bungalow 8."

Finally, asked if The Donald has ever gone to his daughter for advice on his love life, she says, "God, no! I've certainly tried to give it to him, but he's never solicited it."

Source
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...