Translate

10/22/2008

James Bond killed by crunch




Daniel Craig says there may not be another James Bond film "any time soon" - because of the credit crunch.

The 'Quantum of Solace' actor claims the world's current economic climate is taking its toll on movie producers, who may struggle to find the cash for the next instalment in the spy franchise.

He said: "As far as the next film is concerned, there is nothing scheduled. Economically the world is in quite a lot of trouble so who knows if we can afford to do another Bond movie any time soon?"

Despite his concerns, Craig would have no hesitation saving the world as 007 again.

He said: "I'm quite superstitious and I don't take anything for granted. I'd love to do another one."

Craig, 40, has revealed similar character traits between himself and his onscreen hero, saying he could also end someone's life to protect his loved ones.

He added to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "I would kill for my family, it's as simple as that. And my friends are the most important thing to me."

'Quantum of Solace' - the 22nd film in the series - is released this month.

Source
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...